Integrated and holistic health system that contributes to improving the quality of health services and the sustainable enhancement of health status
- High-quality and sustainable primary health care and public health services and the promotion of healthy lifestyles.
- High-quality and sustainable secondary and tertiary healthcare services.
- Administrative Programme and Health Governance
1. Ensure the provision of comprehensive health services to all Palestinians, heading towards the localization of health services in Palestine.
2. Promote the management of non-communicable diseases, preventive healthcare, and community health awareness programs.
3. Institutionalize quality systems in all aspects of health services.
4. Promote and develop an efficient, qualified, and sufficient health workforce.
5. Strengthen health governance, including institutional development, laws and legislations enforcement, cross-sectoral coordination, complementarity between health service providers, as well as enhancing health financing and protection of Palestinian citizens against the financial hardship of paying health care costs.
The Ministry of Health budget for 2023 was ILS2,542,648,819, or 14.4% of total expenditures of the 2032 General Budget
Budget Items (NIS)
توزيع الموازنة الجارية والرأسمالية تبعاً للبرامج/ بالشيكل
are the needed expenditures to operate the Ministry of Health and its facilities (such as building-related fees, electricity fees, water, fuel, medical consumables, etc.). This also includes medical transfers and medicines.
include the expenses paid for acquiring capital assets (e.g., buildings, lands, equipment, vehicles, etc.), as well as capital transfers related to projects. This item also includes expenses for capital development
are expenditures that have a different nature from current expenditures in terms of life span and return on expenditures. This also includes the expenses for developing the quality of health services in Palestine.
is the government contribution in the General Commission for Insurance and Pensions.
Days of Medication
are the total days spent at hospital (i.e., overnight stays) for hospitalization purposes.